How Do You Let Go of the Past and Be Happy
The past can be a prison keeping you from living your best life. Learning how do you let go of the past and leave it behind you can help you heal from it, but the process isn’t an easy one.
Tapping is a powerful way to let go of the binds of your past. Each session allows you to focus on past issues that are stopping you from moving forward in the present moment. Meridian tapping can be especially healing if you have specific events or memories of experiences that have caused trauma.
Releasing this past trauma will give you the freedom to live the life you want.
How Do You Let Go of the Past: 12 Tips
If you are trying to move on from a negative experience, but you don’t know where to start, Hypnosis Tapping is a powerful tool to let go.
Here are 12 other tips to help you let go of the past:
- Create a positive mantra. The way we talk to yourselves in daily lives is a conscious decision. It can either help you move forward in life or keep you stuck in the past. Many times, having a mantra to tell yourself in difficult times can help you reprogram your thoughts.
- Create physical distance. One of the most important steps to how do you let go of the past is creating physical distance. It might be a good idea to distance yourself from a situation or a person that is making you upset.
- Do your own work. Focus on yourself. When you remember the person who has hurt you in the past, bring yourself back to today and focus on something good that is happening now.
- Practice mindfulness and focus on the present. When we practice being present, our emotional pain and hurt from the past have less control over the way we feel. Hypnosis Tapping can be a great way to bring yourself to the present moment.
- Be gentle with yourself. If you respond to not being able to let go of the past is to criticize and blame yourself, then stop. Instead, show yourself some compassion and kindness, - it is an important part of letting go.
- Let the negative emotions out. If you are afraid of negative thoughts and feelings and are trying to avoid them, you are not alone. Rather than shutting down your grief, disappointment, or anger, let yourself live through these emotions in order to let them go.
- Accept that the other person may not apologize. If you are still waiting for an apology from the person who hurt you, you may never let the situation go and learn how do you let go of the past. Take care of your own healing and accept the fact that the other person may never apologize.
- Engage in self-care. Practicing self-care may include doing things that bring you comfort and joy, setting boundaries, and putting your own needs first.
- Surround yourself with loving people. We can’t go through life alone. Allow yourself to lean on your loved ones and ask for support when you need it most.
- Give yourself permission to talk about it. If you are trying to get over a situation that hurt you, you should let yourself talk about it. This can become the first step to learning how do you let go of the past.
- Give yourself permission to forgive. Since you’ve decided not to wait for the other person to apologize, it is time to start working on your own forgiveness. Forgiveness allows you to let go of guilt, anger, sadness, shame, or any other negative feelings you may experience.
- Seek professional help. If you can’t let go of a painful past situation by yourself, it may be beneficial to talk to a professional. In some cases, it may be difficult to implement these tips by yourself. An experienced professional will help to guide you through this process step by step and take care of your mental health.
Benefits of Letting Go of the Past
Learning how do you let go of the past can bring a lot of positive changes to your life.
When you finally let go of the past:
You Enjoy Peace
Letting go of the past and the control it has over you, so you can enjoy peace. When you hold onto the past, you can never live in the present. Old memories, traumas and experiences reply in an ongoing loop. They keep you from being in the moment and enjoying the peace that’s all around you.
You Have Fewer Worries
If you’re battling anxiety and stress, like so many people in today’s world, consider where these feelings are coming from. For many people, the source of these emotions is past experiences and trauma.
When you release the past, you also release much of that stress and anxiety.
You See the World for What it Really Is
Letting go of the past also means giving up control. We all try so desperately to control the world around us, but in reality, the only thing we really have control over is how we react to the events, people and world around us.
When you release the past, the veil is lifted, and you can finally see the world for what it really is. You understand that there are consequences to your actions, and you learn how to avoid them.
You Accept and Embrace the Unknown
We don’t know what the future holds, but our past experiences can make us fearful or anxious about tomorrow. When you shut the door on the past, you learn to accept and even embrace the unknown.
You find that life is full of wonderful surprises.
You are Truly Free
Think about all of the things you want to do in life. What’s stopping you from doing them? Past failures, negative experiences and criticism from others may keep you from pursuing your dreams because you feel you aren’t worthy.
Clinging to the past is like walking around with a ball and chain. It drags you down and makes your world smaller.
Once you let go of the past, you can leave all of these feelings behind. You’re free. You’re fearless. There’s nothing holding you back from pursuing your lifelong dreams.
How to Let Go of the Past with Hypnosis Tapping
The past is a powerful thing. For early humans, memories of our past experiences were effective survival tools to help us avoid danger. But in today’s modern world, the past rarely serves us in the present moment.
So how do you let go of the past? Although it takes time and consistent effort, meridian tapping can can help us to release and let go of the past and heal once and for all.